This week was quite an intense blur of work. I feel like the group did an amazing job pulling together to get all the art and other assets into the source control on time. What we didn’t anticipate was just how tedious it would be to sew all the pieces together into a start to finish experience. There was some miscommunication between design and programming regarding the tutorial level. Somehow programming didn’t even know of its existence? It was quite an ordeal considering there had been continued, open discussions throughout SLACK including pictured updates of it being modeled and textured as well as discussions about voice actor dialogue for it. Either way, all the content that was the tutorial was ready and fully completed; it just needed to be programmed in. Once Austin got started, it was implemented in no time.
On an odd side note, our source control ended up being something we really had to fight with when it came time to make the final build for the Alpha deadline. Unreal was trying to package everything that was even remotely tied to member’s test levels. So essentially it was trying to build our entire source control into the package. What we ended up having to do, was duplicate a version of our work-space that only had the essential things we needed. It’s easier said than done when you have to weed through 15 gigs of stuff. It all worked out in the end and we have learned another Unreal idiosyncrasy.